Key Content Standards:
Grade K - Read, write, and compare numbers; compose and decompose numbers to 20; add and subtract within 5; identify, analyze, and create shapes; explore measurable attributes
Grade 1 - Fluently add and subtract within 10 and use strategies to add and subtract within 20; represent and interpret data; understand place value (tens and ones) and compare 2-digit numbers; measure lengths; explore time and money; reason with shapes and their attributes; explore “equal shares” of circles and rectangles
Grade 2 - Fluently add and subtract within 100 and use strategies to add and subtract within 1,000; understand place value (to thousands) and solve word problems; work with time and money; measure lengths and relate addition/subtraction to length; work with graphs and data; reason with shapes and their attributes
PreK to Grade 2
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics through word problems and real-world models.
- Use appropriate tools (i.e. vocabulary terms, symbols) strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Take advantage of technology to improve and advance learning.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.