BACK TO SCHOOL PICNIC: HEPTSA (Holliston Elementary Parent Teacher Student Association) invites families to the 2014-2015 “Back To School Picnic” on Friday, September 12 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. on the ‘Loop’ outside Placentino/Miller Cafeteria
· Pack a picnic (or bring a pizza) & blanket
· Bring the family
· Watch the kids play
· Enjoy the music
· Meet new friends
PICK UP AND DROP OFF NOTES:
· Early morning drop off is available at 8:35 A.M. Our staff members are available to assist your child and show them where they can wait safely until the bell rings at 8:45 A.M. They will be dismissed from the cafetorium to their classrooms at this time.
· If you transport your Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2 or Montessori 6-8 child to school in the morning, please note that our “drop off” area is in the loop in front of the Cafetorium. Pull your car forward to allow each child to be assisted by our teachers. Children should exit only from the right side of the car and at the curb. Do not allow your child to leave your vehicle until a teacher is available to assist him/her. All arrivals after 8:55 A.M. are considered tardy, and you must park your vehicle in the parking lot and accompany your child into the Office to sign him/her in our attendance log.
· Do not park in the loop in front of the school. This is the bus drop off area. Parents of students who are picking up their children after the A.M. Kindergarten session (at 11:47 A.M.) should park in the Placentino or Miller School parking lot and proceed inside to the Placentino School Atrium to greet their child.
· All parents (including Kindergarten) picking up their children at dismissal time (3:15PM) should enter the school complex through the main entrance off Woodland Street into the school complex. Do not use the entrance nearest the softball field.
· At pick-up time, all parents (including Kindergarten) must park in the Miller School parking lots in designated spaces or in the loop in front of the Cafetorium. DO NOT PARK ALONG THE CENTER ISLAND OF THE THIS LOOP. This is a fire lane, and vehicles parked there may be ticketed by the Holliston Police.
· Do not enter the Placentino bus loop.
· All children (including Kindergarten) who are going to be picked up will be dismissed to the Placentino School Cafetorium. Parents should enter through the Cafetorium door and sign out their child.
LUNCH PROGRAM: A nutritious complete lunch consisting of a protein rich entree, vegetable/fruit, bread and milk is available for students to purchase in our cafetorium. Student Lunch Prices
· K-5 -$2.75 - daily
· Milk - 60 Cents - daily
· Ice cream novelties – 50 Cents on Monday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays except Kindergarten Thursdays only
To purchase a lunch students must have cash or a prepaid lunch account. If your prepay account is in arrears or your child forgets his money, an alternative meal will be served and charged accordingly. Prepayment must be made online.
Please go to www.townofholliston.k12.ma.us click on “Online Payment” or Go to the Holliston Public Schools website, click on the Placentino School in the upper left corner and then on “What’s for Lunch?” A direct link is on the upper left of the menu. Please, when making a prepay payment for your child, one week minimum is required. If a payment is received for less than that the balance will be returned to the student. Please note that “Charges” for lunch will be accepted only in the case of an emergency. If a charge is necessary, families are responsible for repayment of the lunch fee on the next day. We appreciate your help and support with this. Copies of the lunch menu are posted in each classroom and posted on our school website. Free and reduced lunches are available to children whose families meet the eligibility criteria. Application forms for these meals are sent home in September and are available in the
school office throughout the school year. Parents who qualify and prepay for free and reduced lunch need their child’s student ID number for online payments. The Placentino School Office can provide this information to you. If you have questions concerning our school lunch program, Ms. Holly Everett, our Director of the School Lunch Program, can be
reached at 508-429-0673.
LUNCH MENU: September Lunch Menu
Dates to Remember:
September 1 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
9 Back to School Night – Pre K and Kindergarten. 6:30 p.m.
12 HEPTSA Family “Back to School” Picnic, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
16 Back to School Night – Grade Two and Montessori 6-8, 6:30 p.m.
16 School Council Meeting 3:30 p.m.
18 Food Pantry Day
19 School Picture Day
23 Back to School Night – Grade One, 6:30 p.m.
25 NO SCHOOL – Rosh Hashonah
Principal's News >